- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
Campaigning for the Ratification of the Migrant Workers Convention
December 18 is an active member of the International Steering Committee of the Campaign for the Ratification of the Migrant Workers Convention.
In Europe, none of the EU Member States has ratified the Convention. Building on our work with the European Platform for Migrant Workers Rights (EPMWR), we are preparing the launch of a new European campaign with the aim to get ratification before the next European Parliament elections.
In Belgium, we are working together with the “Commission belge francophone et germanophone pour l'UNESCO” to put the need for ratification back on the political agenda.
Related articles and events:
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here