- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
Report on the Preparatory Online Discussions for the Civil Society Days of the first Global Forum on Migration and Development.
Date: 26/09/2009 - 13:34
As part of the preparatory process to the Civil Society Day, the King Baudouin Foundation took the initiative to set up a three-week online multilingual consultative discussion forum. The aim was to provide input into the agenda setting process for the Civil Society Day and to offer expert content that will feed directly into the debates on the day.
The online discussion forum was moderated by a team from December 18, a Brussels-based international organization with expertise in migration issues, international processes and online and off-line networking.
This report is an overview of the contributions made by the participants. The report takes the format of a summary based on the framework provided by the King Baudouin Foundation. It is not an exhaustive listing of all the contributions, but a compilation of the most relevant contributions, the selection of which is based on the premise that the report should present a diversity of views as well as a reflection of the various contributors. Furthermore, the focus of the compilation is on gathering concrete examples, best practices and recommendations.
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here