- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
Protecting Migrants During Times of Crisis: Immediate Responses and Sustainable Strategies
Date: 11/09/2012 - 10:45
This paper is the second in a series that examines the relationship between crises and human mobility, with an explicit focus on the unique situation of migrants when their destination countries experience crises.
It will analyse the case of migrants caught in crises as a particular type of a “migration crisis,” a concept used to emphasize and describe the various aspects of human mobility emerging from modern-day crises. It will consider different scenarios of migrants stranded in crises; migrant-specific vulnerabilities in crisis situations; responsibilities of home and host countries and other actors; and areas of action for policy and international cooperation.
Click here to download the paper.
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here