- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
Proposed ILO Convention could Protect Migrant Domestic Workers' Rights
Date: 31/05/2010 - 05:25
Governments worldwide are gearing up for the ILO’s 99th Session of the International Labour Conference (ILC) in June, and one agenda item will cover standards needed to protect domestic migrant workers from abuse and exploitation. Will the U.S. champion the rights of minority migrant women and girls on a global scale, or will it pay polite lip-service to the efforts of rights advocates?
Read the full article by Monique Marie De Jong here.
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here