- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
Migration in Nigeria: A Country Profile 2009
Date: 23/07/2010 - 11:57
Migration in Western and Central Africa: Country Profiles 2009” is a series of migration profiles produced by IOM with the financial support of the European Union, the Swiss Federal Office for Migration (FOM) and the Belgian Development Cooperation. These country reports bring together existing information from different sources in a structured manner, and provide a comprehensive overview of key international migration and socio-economic development trends in selected West and Central African countries (Cameroon, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, and Senegal).
The reports cover a range of statistics and other data related to immigration, emigration, return migration, remittances, labour migration and irregular migration, including trafficking and smuggling. Besides explaining some of the key factors underlying current migration patterns, the country reports also provide an assessment of the institutional and policy framework governing migration (domestic legislation, institutional actors, bi- and multilateral cooperation, etc.) and its effectiveness.
Drawing on the information and data presented, these country profiles indicate existing data gaps and possible strategies to improve migration statistics, and present key recommendations for policy maker to improve current migration management.
For more info click here
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here