- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
Libya: The hounding of migrants must stop
Date: 12/10/2012 - 08:43
FIDH, Migreurop and Justice Without Borders for Migrants (JSFM) release a report painting a devastating picture of the situation of migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in Libya. The report exposes widespread and serious violations of the human rights of immigrants, in particular from sub Saharan Africa, who find themselves hounded by uncontrolled militias.
The report also provides a critical analysis of the role of the European Union and its member states in the design and implementation of migration policy in Libya, as they negotiate new cooperation agreements in which security considerations continue to prevail over human rights.
The report draws on the findings of an investigation conducted in June 2012. The delegation visited 7 detention camps in Tripoli, Benghazi and the Nafoussa Mountain region.
Click here to read the full article
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here