- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
Date: 26/03/2010 - 14:40
The main activities of the IPMWC relate to the work of the Committee on Migrant Workers: the Platform follows the sessions of the CMW and faciliate NGO input; contributes to the CMW working methods and to other documents adopted by the CMW. The IPMWC also helps to give awareness to the Migrant Workers Convention and the Committee by organising meetings and events; providing analyses and sharing information about the CMW in the NGO community; and maintaining a webpage.
Input to the Committee on Migrant Workers
One of the objectives of the International NGO Platform is to facilitate input from national NGOs and other civil society actors to the work of the Committee on Migrant Workers.
During sessions of the Committee, the following NGO input were provided:
- 4th Session (24-28 April 2006)
- 5th Session (30 October - 3 November 2006)
- 6th Session (23-27 April 2007)
- 7th Session (26-30 November 2007)
- 8th Session (14-25 april 2008)
- 9th Session (24-28 November 2008)
- 10th Session (20 April - 1st May 2009)
- 11th Session (12 - 16 October 2009)
Parallel events organised by the IPMWC
- Parallel event at the 4th session of the CMW - 26 April 2006
Flyer of the event
Presentations at conferences and events
- Presentation at the International Seminar on the Human Rights of Migrants, 22-24 June 2005, Veracruz, Mexico organised by the joint Mexican-European Commission Cooperation Program on Human Rights. This presentation was given by Mariette Grange, on behalf of the IPMWC. It was published in a book entitled Derechos Humanos del Migrante.
- Informal Meeting of States Parties to the Migrant Workers Convention: Sharing of experiences about the reporting process to the Committeee on Migrant Workers, 31 January 2007, organised by the IPMWC.
- 36th Congress of FIDH, Forum "Migration", 18-25 April 2007, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Statement by the IPMWC on the occasion of the Global Forum on Migration and Development, 9-11 July 2007, Brussels, Belgium.
- Presentation at the Global Community Forum, 10-11 July 2007, Brussels, Belgium, organised by Migrants' Rights International, Migrant Forum in Asia, PICUM and December 18. This presentation was given by Aude Guimont on behalf of the IPMWC, within the workshop that took place on the "International Protection Regime: Campaigning for Universal Ratification and Implementation".
- Letter addressed to the High Commissioner for Human Rights regarding the publication of the List of Multilateral Treaties focused in 2007 on the occasion of the UN Treaty Event 2007, 27-28 September 2007.
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here