- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
Human rights defenders in the European Union
Date: 02/07/2012 - 08:45
This new edition of the ENARgy webzine is dedicated to human rights defenders in Europe. It starts with an overview of the situation of human rights defenders in Europe. Further articles show examples of minority and migrants’ rights defenders in danger, and highlight specific challenges of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual (LGBT) rights defenders in Europe. The webzine also offers an assessment of the impact of EU support on the situation of human rights defenders in non-EU countries, and in parallel, the case for protecting human rights defenders in the EU as well. Finally, some concrete guidelines for action for witnesses of racist incidents are provided.
Click here for further reading.
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here