- About us
- Current Activities
- Protecting the Rights of Migrants through the UN System
- Promoting Migrants Voices through International Migrants Day
- Publications and Statements
CMW to hold 17th session In Geneva
Date: 06/09/2012 - 11:31
The seventeenth session of the Committee on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families will be held at the Palais Wilson in Geneva from 10 to 14 September 2012 during which it will review the implementation by Rwanda and Bosnia and Herzegovina of the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families, and make recommendations to these countries.
A representative of the Secretary-General will open the meeting on Monday, 10 September at 10 a.m. During this meeting, the Committee will also adopt its agenda and consider its programme of work. It will also discuss activities to promote the Convention. In the afternoon, the Committee will start its consideration of the initial report of Rwanda, which will conclude on Tuesday, 11 September at 1 p.m. The Committee will take up the second periodic report of Bosnia and Herzegovina on Tuesday, 11 September in the afternoon, to be concluded on Wednesday, 12 September at 1 p.m.
The Committee reviewed the initial report of Bosnia and Herzegovina on 23 and 24 April 2009 and its concluding observations and recommendations on the report can be found here.
Also during the session, informal meetings will be held with non-governmental organizations and national human rights institutions on Monday, 10 September after the opening meeting. An informal meeting with States parties will be held on Wednesday, 12 September in the afternoon, in public meeting. The Committee will meet in closed session for the rest of the time, until the public closing on Friday, 14 September in the afternoon.
Further information is available on the Committee’s webpage.
Latest from the Radio1812 site
- Feature interview with Doris Peschke (CCME)
- Radio Slovakia International contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Taiwan International's contribution to Radio1812
- Radio Romania International's contribution to Radio1812
- The Cheering Rain
- Do they know it's International Migrants Day?
- Interview with Marieke Koning about 12-by-12 campaign
- Filipino migration: a double-edged phenomenon
- Protecting migrants in dire humanitarian situations
- Voices from the WSFM in the Philippines
- Labor trafficking of undocumented migrants in San Diego
UN Migrant Workers Convention
Status as of 31.05.2012
For the full list, click here